[Libreoffice-ux-advise] drawing toolbar interactions

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Fri Jul 29 04:46:31 PDT 2011

Hi Regina,

On 2011-07-29 at 01:14 +0200, Regina Henschel wrote:

> I still disagree with changing the behavior. In my workflow I would get
> a lot of additional clicks.
> Example of my typical tasks: Draw a filled polygon with three points,
> add an arc in one corner, add a text with character 'alpha', drag-select
> all, group it, copy&paste it to Writer.

I am probably confused, but if I understand it correctly, with what
Federico proposes, this would get only 1 additional click; and that is
to select Selection tool to be able drag-select, right?  So far it
sounds to me as a good trade-off (considering how much it would improve
the experience for people who want to draw more shapes in one go), and
when we additionally consider the Spacebar for quick access to Selection
(so that you do not need to click anything to get the drag-select
functionality, just hit Space), I'd love to see the changes in.

Regards,
Kendy