[Libreoffice-ux-advise] [Libreoffice] Performance improvements for calcs' sheet actions

Kohei Yoshida kyoshida at novell.com
Mon Jun 6 09:01:21 PDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-06-06 at 12:55 +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:

> 	So, I wonder if the UX guys don't mind us never updating a progress bar
> more than twice per second (say) [1] we could do this for all progress
> bars in one place. Clearly calling a
>  FooProgres->update(percent) method a bazillion times is not slow, if we
> never re-draw anyway.

I personally like this approach better.  Then we can leave the current
rate of progress bar update in MoveTab as it is (per column per sheet).

Still, I would like to get my 2nd suggestion (of having the method
receive a pointer to the existing progress bar instance instead of
creating and deleting it per call) implemented, to make unit-testing of
this method possible (by having the unit test code pass a NULL pointer
to this method to ignore progress bar updates).

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc
<kyoshida at novell.com>