[Libreoffice-ux-advise] [Libreoffice] Performance improvements for calcs' sheet actions

Cor Nouws oolst at nouenoff.nl
Mon Jun 6 11:41:58 PDT 2011

[ Stepping in since Christoph without doubt is bathing his baby ;-) ]

Kohei Yoshida wrote (06-06-11 18:01)
> On Mon, 2011-06-06 at 12:55 +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:
>
>> 	So, I wonder if the UX guys don't mind us never updating a progress bar
>> more than twice per second (say) [1] we could do this for all progress
>> bars in one place.

Would really like to have an impression how that looks like. In a world
where people and software go more and more about eye-candidness ..

>> Clearly calling a  FooProgres->update(percent) method a bazillion times
>> is not slow, if wenever re-draw anyway.
>
> I personally like this approach better.  Then we can leave the current
> rate of progress bar update in MoveTab as it is (per column per sheet).

NB: I don't see any mail from
libreoffice-ux-advise at lists.freedesktop.org coming in ... so prolly some
administer work to do, and people expecting mail missing it?

  - Cor
  - http://nl.libreoffice.org