[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Toolbar look improvement

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Fri Jun 10 09:39:07 PDT 2011

Hi there,

I just got to some "make LibreOffice nicer" hacking today, and thought
you might be interested in it ;-)  This time it was related to the
toolbars:

http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~kendy/blog/pics/toolbar-menu-gone.png

I removed the menus for handling toolbars.  First, the visual look was
extremely suboptimal (too visible for functionality that is not used
daily), second, the functionality just duplicates the right-click on the
toolbar handle, so one can achieve the very same thing with the exactly
same effort just by clicking somewhere else.

Please note that when you make the window so small that some of the
toolbar items get hidden, the menu control appears again, so that it is
visible that there is "something more somewhere".

Please let me know if you like it - I hope that yes :-) - and I'll blog
about it.

Regards,
Kendy