[Libreoffice-ux-advise] [libreoffice-design] Option for gridline display in Calc (fdo#30800)

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Fri Jun 24 01:36:23 PDT 2011

Hi Andre,

On Fri, 2011-06-24 at 09:57 +0200, Andre Schnabel wrote:
> In fact the "Grid Color" option in Calc - View can (imho) be easily
> dropped. We already have an option for Calc Grid colors in LibreOffice -
> Apperance. The Calc - View setting is only used, if the option at
> LibreOffice - Apperance is set to "automatic". Looks quite confusing to
>  me.

	Ooh - interesting; presumably we have some per-document grid color
setting that this reflects (?) so you can make the grid pink, save the
document, and re-load it elsewhere. Perhaps this highlights some of the
problems of separating document settings from application settings, and
in particular application defaults for document settings ;-)

	Otherwise I'm well up for adding a compatibility option for this ;-)
though IMHO the default should be to behave in a familiar way to our
deluge of new exiles from the Microsoft world ;-)

	Thanks !

		Michael.