[Libreoffice-ux-advise] [libreoffice-design] Option for gridline display in Calc (fdo#30800)

André Schnabel andre.schnabel at gmx.net
Fri Jun 24 11:52:56 PDT 2011

Hi,

Am 24.06.2011 10:55, schrieb Astron:
>>> Is it an option to remove the combo box for selecting the grid colour
>>> (burying that instead under LibreOffice > Appearance) [1] and
>>> replacing it by a sub-check box like:
>>> – "[X] can be overridden by document" (default: enabled) or
>>> – "[ ] on colored background" (default: disabled)?
>>
> We should try to find the best wording, then. I currently like "on
> colored background" better, but maybe it's not obvious enough. Can
> someone else help here?

Ok, I implemented "on colored background" and it works quite ok.

>> In fact the "Grid Color" option in Calc - View can (imho) be easily
>> dropped. We already have an option for Calc Grid colors in LibreOffice -
>> Apperance. The Calc - View setting is only used, if the option at
>> LibreOffice - Apperance is set to "automatic".
> Ouch! This is absurd. If the setting can not be removed within the
> scope of #30800, let's open a new bug.

Well .. it can be removed quite easily, as I need to touch all the code
files where this is implemented anyway.
Question here is if we want to remove it completely (if someone set this
option in the past, it will be ignored) or if we just want to remove it
from UI (so it will still be read from old files / old settings). I
personally prefere complete removal :)

I did also implement the Display Compatibility setting but this is not
fully functional. Looking at the source code I would rather drop this
idea, as it is much more complex and just "does not feel right". But
well ... this is not of much interest for UX ;)

For the moment I'm going to sleep over this, maybe create a wiki page
with the proposed solution and the side-effects ... and wait some days
mor for input (which would be really welcome).

regards,

André