[Libreoffice-ux-advise] [PUSHED] Fix for fdo39748 Easy hack: Cleanup extensions list

Olivier Hallot olivier.hallot at documentfoundation.org
Mon Nov 28 16:48:16 PST 2011

Hi Michael

Em 28-11-2011 18:18, Michael Meeks escreveu:

>> Some post-commit I missed (I don't know how to fix a patch):
>>
>> in /desktop/source/deployment/gui/dp_gui.hrc, please drop the line
>>
>> +#define RID_EM_BTN_SELECT                      23
>>
>> in /desktop/source/deployment/gui/dp_gui_dialog2.cxx, please drop the line
>>
>> +    aPos = Point( 0, 5 );
> 	Any chance you could knock up a new patch to do that ? also it might be
> good if:
>
> +IMPL_LINK( ExtMgrDialog, HandleExtTypeCbx, void*, EMPTYARG )
>
> 	returns 0 instead of 1 - it seems the value is ignored anyway, and 0
> might be more ignoreable when read ? :-)

Well I did what other event handlers did a couple of lines above and
below... They return 1. Do I need to change all of them?

> 	Of course, the UX guys may have some advice :-) I wonder if (perhaps)
> there is just a little bit too much grey space between the bottom of the
> list box, and the "Types of extensions" widget (?) They might also have
> some advice on the defaults - should we show built-in extension by
> default (eg.) ?

OK, back to the math notepad for a better listbox size calculation.
Tested with fontsize 13 and 10. Patch attached

About the defaults, I set it to be the same as the previous extension
manager dialog.

> 	Anyhow - it looks great; no doubt we should add this to:
>
> 	http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/3.5
>
> 	With suitable credits etc.&  close the bug.

Will do.
Kind Regards

--
Olivier Hallot