[Libreoffice-ux-advise] [Libreoffice] [PUSHED] Fix for fdo39748 Easy hack: Cleanup extensions list

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Tue Nov 29 02:31:59 PST 2011

Hi Olivier,

	Caolan - after the 'word count' victim dialog, it seems that the
extensions dialog has a foul nightmare of manual size calulation all
over it ;-) cf. the ~90 lines of:

	desktop/source/deployment/gui/dp_gui_dialog2.cxx /Resize/

	That also happen to do rather a bad job and defeat casual attempts to
improve them :-)

On Mon, 2011-11-28 at 22:48 -0200, Olivier Hallot wrote:
> > 	returns 0 instead of 1 - it seems the value is ignored
> > anyway, and 0 might be more ignoreable when read ? :-)
>
> Well I did what other event handlers did a couple of lines above and
> below... They return 1. Do I need to change all of them?

	Makes sense; fair enough :-) lets just leave them for now

> OK, back to the math notepad for a better listbox size calculation.
> Tested with fontsize 13 and 10. Patch attached

	:-) the TWIPS based positioning should be font-size indeterminate.

> About the defaults, I set it to be the same as the previous extension
> manager dialog.

	Sure - but perhaps the ux-advisors will suggest something better to
hide the umpteen built in extensions by default (?) - that might be a
reasonable suggestion - I assume your users would prefer that too ?

	I pushed your 2nd patch (thanks).

	All the best,

		Michael.