[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Additional info (was: Re: [Libreoffice] [PUSHED] "thereof" should be translated to modern English)

Christoph Noack christoph at dogmatux.com
Mon Sep 5 10:08:10 PDT 2011

Hi Lior!

Thanks for your lightning fast reply ...

Am Montag, den 05.09.2011, 19:51 +0300 schrieb Lior Kaplan:
> On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 7:43 PM, Christoph Noack
> <christoph at dogmatux.com> wrote:
>
>         > Looks reasonable to me. Pushed now to master.

[...]

>         @ Lior: Do you think the proposal by Liz might fit better (and
>         does meet
>         l10n requirements in terms of length)? Otherwise, I'm fine
>         (and thankful
>         for your tweak).
>

> I tried to keep the string as short as possible. Your/Liz's suggestion
> sounds OK, but I think it's a bit long (trying to visualize it on the
> dialog).
>
> Anyone has  another opinions on this ?

Oh, let's simply keep the new string if it fits from you point-of-view.
My main aim was to hint towards existing information that might have
been helpful here.

Concerning the latter, it would be great if you could CC the mailing
list libreoffice-ux-advice if (hard to discuss) string proposals pop up.
Maybe we/I can provide hints to discussion from OOo UX times.

Since I have another question, I'd like to move that discussions to that
mailing list (no subscription required) and like to ask you, whether a
terminology database / glossary is available for UI stuff. Is this
something the l10n team is working on? Terminology is terribly important
and it would be immensely helpful for UX / UI stuff to have a shared
resource for Documentation / Translation / Design.

Cheers,
Christoph