[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Additional info

Sveinn í Felli sveinki at nett.is
Mon Sep 5 12:37:10 PDT 2011

Þann mán  5.sep 2011 17:08, skrifaði Christoph Noack:

----<snip>

> Since I have another question, I'd like to move that discussions to that
> mailing list (no subscription required) and like to ask you, whether a
> terminology database / glossary is available for UI stuff. Is this
> something the l10n team is working on? Terminology is terribly important
> and it would be immensely helpful for UX / UI stuff to have a shared
> resource for Documentation / Translation / Design.
>
> Cheers,
> Christoph

Hi

When using Pootle for translating LO, there's an
auto-generated terminology file [*], which can then be
edited for each language.
Some language-teams/individual translators make heavy use of
this feature. Most really active translators create their
own databases/translation memories along with several
glossaries, this can be generated on-the-fly with some of
the translation software.

I guess the Pootle file is auto-generated from all the
UI/Help-PO's, it has all kinds of translation matches - both
useful ones as well as more trivial stuff.

I'd say that if there is a terminology file with core
terms/expressions for the UI (in english), it could be
really helpful - also for developers.

Just some thoughts...

Sveinn í Felli

[* see