[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Fonts standadization for Impress templates

Andras Timar timar74 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 01:14:28 PDT 2011

Hi,

2011/9/12 Olivier Hallot <olivier.hallot at documentfoundation.org>:
> Hi
> I ma not sure tis is the right place to ask, but I noticed that the bundled
> Impress templates carry fonts definitions not often found in many platforms.
> Namely Thorndale, Albany, and may be others font names (besides I am not so
> sure Thorndale and Albany are free).

It's a good point. Thorndale and Albany are not free, they are from
the Agfa Monotype font package, and they are metric-compatible to
Times New Roman and Arial, respectively.

> Should we intead define for these templates a font we are sure to exist in
> every LibreOffice installation (irrespect of the OS platform), for example
> Libertine or Bioline? Or may be some other font?

A logical choice would be the Liberation font family which is also
included in LibreOffice install sets. These fonts are also
metric-compatible with Times New Roman and Arial.

Cheers,
Andras