[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Hiding/Showing the page breaks in writer

Christoph Noack christoph at dogmatux.com
Sat Sep 24 06:14:43 PDT 2011

Hi Cedric,

just checked the recent daily build ... some issues I've noticed when
playing around:
      * the indicator line is wider than the page (on the right side,
        for LTR) ... that looks a bit strange when zooming or working in
        book layout. Could you set the size according the page width?
      * When I called the function the first time, it took about 10
        seconds until the action (page break) was visible. I don't know
        whether this was caused by a weird installation (got some
        errors, Java is missing).
      * When the element was shown the very first time, then the right
        side of the line was "half-drawn" (only the continuous stroke,
        some dashed part was missing)
      * When I added a header, the cursor (among with the page) jumped
        upwards. The area left and right to the pages weren't re-drawn,
        so parts of the page break indicators were visible. Clicking on
        them made them disappear.
      * The menu items don't do anything yet (I'm sure you know *G*)

One last thing ... I don't know whether the button itself is a bit large
(good for the button handling, but visually it might be a bit strong ...
thinking about going towards a 16x16 icon).
@ Astron: What do you think?

Again, thanks for the nice improvements ... :-)

Cheers,
Christoph