[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Hiding/Showing the page breaks in writer

Cedric Bosdonnat cedric.bosdonnat.ooo at free.fr
Tue Sep 27 00:45:01 PDT 2011

Hi Christoph,

On Sat, 2011-09-24 at 15:14 +0200, Christoph Noack wrote:
> just checked the recent daily build ... some issues I've noticed when
> playing around:
>       * the indicator line is wider than the page (on the right side,
>         for LTR) ... that looks a bit strange when zooming or working in
>         book layout. Could you set the size according the page width?

Yep, but insert a note in one of the pages... you'll see that we
certainly want to find a compromise with that too ;)

>       * When I called the function the first time, it took about 10
>         seconds until the action (page break) was visible. I don't know
>         whether this was caused by a weird installation (got some
>         errors, Java is missing).

Weird... I'm not sure it's related.

>       * When the element was shown the very first time, then the right
>         side of the line was "half-drawn" (only the continuous stroke,
>         some dashed part was missing)

Hum... strange.

>       * When I added a header, the cursor (among with the page) jumped
>         upwards. The area left and right to the pages weren't re-drawn,
>         so parts of the page break indicators were visible. Clicking on
>         them made them disappear.

Ok, I'll check that, there may be some redraw problems since I changed
that a lot.

>       * The menu items don't do anything yet (I'm sure you know *G*)

Sure, they aren't implemented ATM ;)

> One last thing ... I don't know whether the button itself is a bit large
> (good for the button handling, but visually it might be a bit strong ...
> thinking about going towards a 16x16 icon).
> @ Astron: What do you think?

I hesitated quite a long time on that... so your input there is highly
appreciated.

--
Cédric Bosdonnat
LibreOffice hacker