[Libreoffice-ux-advise] mouse centered scrolling

Stefan Knorr (Astron) heinzlesspam at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 13 03:30:11 PDT 2012

Hi Tim,

> Do you want me to replace this by a sub menu or add the new despite the
> original one?

Right, so, currently we have the menu entry Zoom..., which opens a
dialogue (and that is the main problem, because that means at least
three clicks and moving your mouse a lot).
See the mockup attached for what I would propose.
Basically:
* Add sub-menu Zoom
* To it, add the same items that are in the context menu for the zoom
slider, but revert the order of items (because the last items of the
zoom slider's context menu are expected to be reached the most easily,
but in normal menus, you reach the first item most easily)
* append the Zoom... entry to this menu (most people hopefully won't
need it – but maybe it could be replaced later on).

Thank you for asking :), I hope I can finally comment on your other
mouse-centric zoom patches some time today... (it hasn't slipped my
mind completely).

Astron.