[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Proposed changes

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Thu Dec 6 05:02:29 PST 2012

On Wed, 2012-12-05 at 16:37 +0100, Alex Thurgood wrote:
> Possibly, whatever happens, OSX people are going to moan that the app is
> becoming more and more X11-like, and this won't be helped by the fact
> that Glade was chosen to further dialog-UI development, even if it is
> converted to VCL.

	Oh - the layout work shouldn't make anything look more X11-like in the
long run. Quite the opposite we -should- be able to adapt widget's size
requests based on the platform in-use and so do better OS/X theming -
IIRC the widgets there want to be rather larger / use different
surrounds for shadows and curved edges etc.

	Do we use slide-to-check-buttons currently ? if not that'd be another
nice potential use of the improved layout code which can make space in a
dialog for that.

	HTH,

		Michael.