[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Proposed changes

Alexander Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 05:07:08 PST 2012

Hi Michael,

Le 06/12/12 14:02, Michael Meeks a écrit :
> 	Oh - the layout work shouldn't make anything look more X11-like in the
> long run. Quite the opposite we -should- be able to adapt widget's size
> requests based on the platform in-use and so do better OS/X theming -
> IIRC the widgets there want to be rather larger / use different
> surrounds for shadows and curved edges etc.

I hope so too, I really do :-), at the moment it all seems a bit
disparate/disjointed, and Mac users are a demanding lot ;-) It is not
for nothing that there is a bug report in bugzilla entitled "Make LO on
OSX glow and shine" (or something of that ilk).

> 	Do we use slide-to-check-buttons currently ? if not that'd be another
> nice potential use of the improved layout code which can make space in a
> dialog for that.

Not that I know of, but I'll leave that to the designers to answer :-))

Alex