[Libreoffice-ux-advise] new listbox in calc options pages

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 7 13:35:30 PST 2012

Hey guys,

we have to add another option to calc's options pages. Since this has
to happen till Beta2 we would need quick feedback.

Since 4.0 we are able to use the cached values written into OOXML
files to prevent a slow recalculation when opening a file. Hoewever
Excel and Calc don't always give the same result for formulas so we
(Eike, Kohei and me) agreed that we need to give the user a choice
wether to recalculate the formulas or not. This is already implemented
in Beta1 but it is disturbing with time as it means you always have to
click the dialog aways. The solution to it is to offer two additional
choices in the dialog: Always and Never and respect these to prevent
the dialog.

To be able to change them later they should also appear in the options
pages with the 3 choices: Always, Ask, Never. To which Calc options
page should we add this new listbox?

Regards,
Markus