[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Style dropdown suggestions

Mirek M. mazelm at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 09:14:51 PST 2012

Hi everyone,
now that we have previews in the style dropdown (thanks Kendy!), there are
two other hopefully somewhat simple tweaks that the dropdown could use.

1) Could each entry be associated with a dropdown menu, containing "Modify
Based on Selection", "Modify...", and "Apply style", similar to Google
Docs's implementation [1]?

2) In regards to hierarchical styles (like Headings), could the dropdown
show only styles up to the outline level one up of the one used? (i.e. if
the user hasn't used any heading, show only Heading 1, if he has used
Heading 8, show all headings up to Heading 9.)

(These are tweaks we have agreed on on our design IRC chat, so feel free to
start hacking on them.)

[1]
https://clickortap.wordpress.com/2012/02/19/notice-google-docs-new-style-management/#jp-carousel-973