[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Template manager : feedback

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Mon Dec 17 03:03:44 PST 2012

> I'm not intending to change the one-level hierarchy for local
> templates... only to have the template manager able to show more because
> who knows how the remote repositories will be structured?

I think you people are talking about different things here. I would
assume that the "one folder level only" concept that seems to
controversial is how stuff *appears* to the user in cooperating apps.
Not how it is implemented.

Apple has certainly not removed hierarchical directories from Mac OS
X;) What they might have done is make it so that the easiest, default
way to organise one's documents appears to be in just one level of
folders. (I am no expert as I don't really ever use such end-user
oriented apps that woukld be affected on my Mac... and I did not read
the document linked to earlier very closely.)

--tml