[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Template manager : feedback

Stefan Knorr heinzlesspam at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 11:47:51 PST 2012

Hi all,

(In the following, I shall continue to be arrogant. I realise I am, but
can't help it so much.)

> Apple has certainly not removed hierarchical directories from Mac OS
> X;)

I would actually rephrase that to:
"Apple hasn't _yet_ _completely_ removed hierarchical directories from
Mac OS X _(as opposed to I-OS)_ _from end user's views_."
The general assumption (OS X becoming more I-OS-y with every revision)
means, though, that I-Cloud-supporting applications will become the norm
soonish – and I-Cloud's folder hierarchies are indeed rather shallow
(and that is enforced).

Given, though, how the tablet market is growing and the smartphone
market is saturating (especially in the US and Western Europe) while the
PC market is shrinking, and how I-OS is a strong contender in the first
two categories, while OS X is an also-ran in the latter, I believe
Apple's preferred solutions are currently in I-OS rather than OS X
first. (IANA – I am not an analyst.)

Astron.