[Libreoffice-ux-advise] calc background colors ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Feb 15 08:06:17 PST 2012

Hi guys,

	Trawling negative user comments (as we ought to to try to improve ;-) I
saw this:

	http://news.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=2671075&cid=39034649

	"Well, they're obviously moving much faster than openoffice did.
	 The product looks very clean, opens fast, and is mostly
	 enjoyable to use."

	"There's still a number of key combinations that Calc is missing
	 (most noticeably ctrl-D to copy cell above), and the background
	 color tool is still horribly designed (only contains colors too
	 dark for use as a background, and it does not remember the last
	 chosen color). It's simple stuff like this that keeps people on
	 Excel."

	Which makes me wonder ... what we can do about this ? :-) do we need a
custom palette for calc cell backgrounds ? that has many more pastel
shades, or something (?) Since we ship a number of palettes - is there
one that artists / Excel users would prefer instead - that we could
default to for calc ?

	Thoughts on a postcard ;-)

	ATB,

		Michael.