[Libreoffice-ux-advise] calc background colors ...

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at suse.com
Wed Feb 15 08:16:15 PST 2012

On Wed, 2012-02-15 at 16:06 +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> 	Trawling negative user comments (as we ought to to try to improve ;-) I
> saw this:
>
> 	http://news.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=2671075&cid=39034649
>

> 	"Well, they're obviously moving much faster than openoffice did.
> 	 The product looks very clean, opens fast, and is mostly
> 	 enjoyable to use."
>
> 	"There's still a number of key combinations that Calc is missing
> 	 (most noticeably ctrl-D to copy cell above),

You mean fill down via Ctrl-D?  That's been the default key binding
since 3.3....

> and the background
> 	 color tool is still horribly designed (only contains colors too
> 	 dark for use as a background, and it does not remember the last
> 	 chosen color).

Not sure about the colors being too dark.  Someone should look into that
for sure.

But haven't we recently landed a patch that implements the
remember-the-last-color functionality?

> It's simple stuff like this that keeps people on
> 	 Excel."

Obviously some of his claims have been addressed.

> 	Which makes me wonder ... what we can do about this ? :-)

Ask him to try out 3.5 would be my first choice.  I'm sure he'll come up
with a whole load of new reasons to stay on Excel (which is to be
expected; that's what users do). :-)

As for the color palette issue, I don't have a strong opinion so I'll
stay away from making any feedback on that one.

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc