[Libreoffice-ux-advise] calc background colors ...

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at suse.com
Wed Feb 15 08:29:25 PST 2012

On Wed, 2012-02-15 at 11:16 -0500, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-02-15 at 16:06 +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > 	Trawling negative user comments (as we ought to to try to improve ;-) I
> > saw this:
> >
> > 	http://news.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=2671075&cid=39034649
> >

> > 	"Well, they're obviously moving much faster than openoffice did.
> > 	 The product looks very clean, opens fast, and is mostly
> > 	 enjoyable to use."
> >
> > 	"There's still a number of key combinations that Calc is missing
> > 	 (most noticeably ctrl-D to copy cell above),
>
> You mean fill down via Ctrl-D?  That's been the default key binding
> since 3.3....

Ah, he means just copy the value of the cell above when that cell above
is *not* the top cell in the selection i.e.

1. Put a value in cell A1.
2. Move the cursor to A2.
3. Ctrl-D to copy the value of A1 into A2.

Excel appears to do this only when a single cell is selected, so it's a
very limited case it should be trivially easy to implement it, I think.

Kohei