[Libreoffice-ux-advise] conditional format dialog

pierre-yves samyn pierre-yves.samyn at laposte.net
Sat Feb 18 03:11:12 PST 2012

Hi

I also like new  style via the combo.

I agree with the remark about  including  enable / disable  option (I
pointed out that it's based on a nonexistent property to date).  But I'm not
sure that the checkbox (left of "Condition x") would be unambiguous as it is
currently used to remove a condition. Explicit word would have my preference
(see my mockup).

I would also like to clarify some points.

1. Step 1: you indicate "Comes up with one condition set up Already"
In this mockup, 45 Is the value of the current cell ?

If yes, I do not feel that this is useful: the user should probably delete
this value more often than he would keep.
This control could also be a combo allowing the user to either type a value
directly into the control or choose from a list of  the values ​​available
cf. Data> Filter> Standard filter> Value

2. It would be a plus if the preview area used the value or the result of
the formula instead of the word Example.

3. About reordering conditions, doing it *also* by drag and drop would be a
plus. Your screens do not suggest to the user that this is possible.

The buttons I propose are explicit and also used in other dialogs. They
would add a very useful feature for our case: multiple conditions in which
the order of interpretation can be very important.

4. In the same token I do not like a single Add button with a Remove button
by condition: this suggests that the add is done in last place without
allowing to insert a condition.

If in your mind it would be added after the selected condition (?), the
proposed interface does not suggest this... I would add that the duplication
of the Remove button clutters the dialogue.

My preference is so much to + and - buttons for each condition:
- They lighten the dialog
- They suggest and explicitly allow the insert

Regards
Pierre-Yves