[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Artwork licensing

Mirek M. mazelm at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 09:31:31 PDT 2012

Hi Michael,
Given that it's unlikely that we'll get an okay from the Gnome icon authors
to relicense their work under the MPL anytime soon, perhaps we could think
about licensing all LibreOffice artwork under the more art-appropriate
cc-by license from now on. This would not only decrease confusion around
licensing in LibreOffice, but would also make it easier for
differently-licensed projects to incorporate our Tango icons and for us to
exchange Tango icons with Gnome.
Would that be a possibility? What is your take on this?