[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Repo / place for original artwork files (was: Re: [PUSHED] Make new About dialogue a little nicer)

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Fri Jun 15 04:39:18 PDT 2012

Petr Mladek wrote:
> I prefer the new version as well, so pushed into master. It will be in
> the 3-6 branch.

Hi guys,

great stuff, nice fresh look! :)

Somewhat tangential to that, I'd like to trigger a decision-making
process on where to store original artwork files (svg I presume, for
the most).

With the above patch, and some icon theme reworks, we now have svg
graphics in git, that is, version-controlled. At the same time,
we've historically kept them archived in the wiki
(version-controlled as well via mediawiki revisions):

 http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Visual_Elements

I have no personal preference, other than the fact that it would be
nice to standardize on one default, authoritative place.

And even more tangential: please remember, for all artwork bearing
"The Document Foundation", that we typically need two versions of
that - one official, with the TDF tagline, for use from
'TDF-approved' artifacts, and one without, for default,
community-provided items. I can do easy things like simply removing
the tagline myself, it just sometimes looks better to then slightly
adjust the remaining graphics for size, aspect ratio etc. ;)

Cheers,

-- Thorsten