[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Windows look

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Fri Jun 22 10:04:16 PDT 2012

Hi Astron, Mirek,

On 2012-06-21 at 14:48 +0200, Stefan Knorr wrote:

> hrm... this voting is quite clear: currently it is at 26:11:2
> (opaque:partly opaque:transparent).
> There are two factors that work against the transparency:
> * Mirek didn't pick the ideal screenshot to illustrate transparency (my
> view, feel free to disagree)
> * Some people might just be very change-averse
>
> There are two factors of which I have no idea how they factor in:
> * The people on the G+ page are probably generally rather techy and
> design-interested, but it can't be said to be representative
> * It's just screenshots/mockups, nothin with which people can interact
>
> Still, I guess, the figures would not change too much even with all
> factors taken into account (IANAP*, though). How much we want to honour
> this voting, I don't know...
> At this point, would it be safer to go back to one of Mirek's earlier
> mock-ups (at least for 3.6), then?

I already have the code for the opaque menu, and I like it :-)

http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~kendy/design-list/toolbar-opaque.png

[it is against an older version, need to do the reverts and push this
still to 3.6].

Further tweaking is still possible (if necessary), but hopefully this
works for all :-) - if no objections, I'll push it to 3.6 on Monday.

All the best,
Kendy