[Libreoffice-ux-advise] [Libreoffice] named formatting attributs overwrite automatic formatting attributs (paragraph / character)

Maxime de Roucy mderoucy at linagora.com
Thu Mar 29 00:25:56 PDT 2012

Hello,

I have been ask to rewrite my mail with the term "direct
formatting" (which means with the buttons) and "style formatting" (which
means with the "Style and Formatting" window).

So here it is :

I am wondering, when I apply a direct character formatting attribut on a
portion of text (not a whole paragraph) (for example I clic on bold in
the "Formatting" toolbar) and then apply a style character formatting
attribut on the same portion of text (for example "Internet Link"), the
attributs are merged.

When I apply a direct character formatting attribut to a paragraph (for
example I clic on bold in the "Formatting" toolbar) and the apply a
style paragraph formatting attribut (for example "Default") on the same
paragraph, the style attribut overwrite the automatic one (the bold
attribut disappear).

For my part I think this should be fixed, I mean that both paragraph and
character attributs should have the same behavior (overwriting or
merging).

What do you think ?
- am I wrong ? (Not my choice…)
- Should the style paragraph formatting attribut be merge with the
direct one ? (My first choice)
- Should the style character formatting attribut overwrite the direct
one ? (My second choice)

Regards

Maxime de Roucy

--