[Libreoffice-ux-advise] New Templates for LibreOffice

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Tue May 1 07:08:43 PDT 2012

Hi Alexander,

On Tue, 2012-05-01 at 15:02 +0200, Alexander Wilms wrote:
> I'm Alex and member of the design team. I've created some templates,
> mostly for Impress.

	Oooh ! :-) lovely, something that is long overdue.

>  Some of them are uploaded on templates.libreoffice.org and seem
> to be rather popular.

	Even better, do you have a link ?

> Would it be possible to replace the old presentation backdrops with new
> templates by me and others? Some contain creative commons images, how
> would we possibly go about this?

	Gosh; I -think- we would prolly want to use an extremely liberal
license for our templates, CC0, or somesuch: having rights over other
people's documents seems a bit unfortunate.

	Is there any chance of asking the owners of those images for a CC0
license statement ? (I'm well up for crediting their contribution to the
project in some suitable way as a whole).

	Either way - this sounds exciting to me, improving our default
templates is something that's been needed for a long time.

	What can I do to make that easier for you ? also - do we want to kick
out some of the existing templates ?

	The final thing to say is - do these templates need translation ? if
so, Gabor is working on a more efficient way to do that - current means
of doing that are simply too terrible ;-)

	All the best,

		Michael.