[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Unified behaviour of all LibreOffice applications

Cedric Bosdonnat cbosdonnat at suse.com
Wed May 2 01:19:07 PDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-04-30 at 13:37 +0200, Daniel Mania wrote:
> Here are some examples of what I mean with "unified behaviour":
>
> - Rotation of images is possible in in Draw but not in Writer

This is really a complex problem needing a lot of code refactoring: it's
not only a design problem.

> - Some objects can only be grouped in Draw but not in Writer.
>
> - Tables in Writer are clumsy and should be replaced with embedded Calc
> tables (this can be done manually but then Writer changes the size of
> embedded table every now and then and thereby renders them ugly, which
> is probably a bug)

Writer tables are different from Calc ones, from a user POV I'm not sure
it would be good to unify this... and once again, this would require
important and complex code refactoring.

Of course, feel free to give us a friendly helping hand to change that
code ;)

--
Cedric