[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Unified behaviour of all LibreOffice applications

Daniel Mania daniel.mania at umb.no
Wed May 2 10:10:31 PDT 2012

> This is really a complex problem needing a lot of code refactoring: it's
> not only a design problem.

I thought so and unfortunately I cannot help in any way :-(
My programming skills end with LibreOffice macros and AutoIt scripts.

> Writer tables are different from Calc ones, from a user POV I'm not sure
> it would be good to unify this... and once again, this would require
> important and complex code refactoring.

Well, if real Calc table could be integrated in Writer, one could still use them to just show data. But one could also use all of Calc's possibilities and I think they would be easier to format. I am always struggling with formatting the size of Writer tables. But Calc tables as "objects" in a Writer ducument are even worse.

And yes, I knew that LibreOffice does not consist of separate applications. Still, the different "documents" behave like that and that is what counts for the user.
Even though a "unification" would involve a huge effort, it would also be a possibility to wipe out a lot of bugs and inconsistencies without additional work.

Greetings,
DM