[Libreoffice-ux-advise] layout of data bars

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at gmail.com
Mon May 21 09:11:30 PDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-05-21 at 00:46 +0200, Markus Mohrhard wrote:
> Hey,
>
> the data bar code is now in a quite good shape so that I can focus on
> the smaller things. There is one thing were I have no idea which one
> is better. You'll find attached two versions of the same file. In the
> small version the data bar does not fill the whole cell while it does
> in the large version. Excel uses something similar to the small
> version.
>
> Which version do you prefer and which one is the clearest from an UX
> point of view?

If my opinion counts, I prefer the small version (one with some spacing
between the bar and the cell border).  It looks better and more refined
to my eye.  But I can't provide any logical reasoning for my preference;
it's just purely my aesthetic preference.

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc