[Libreoffice-ux-advise] layout of data bars

Jean-Francois Nifenecker jean-francois.nifenecker at laposte.net
Sun May 20 23:28:02 PDT 2012

Hi Markus,

Le 21/05/2012 00:46, Markus Mohrhard a écrit :
> Hey,
>
> the data bar code is now in a quite good shape so that I can focus on
> the smaller things. There is one thing were I have no idea which one
> is better. You'll find attached two versions of the same file. In the
> small version the data bar does not fill the whole cell while it does
> in the large version. Excel uses something similar to the small
> version.

wow!

> Which version do you prefer and which one is the clearest from an UX
> point of view?

If, using the Format/Cell, Borders dialog, the user may insert some
space between the cell contents (ie, the data bar) and the cell
(possibly invisible) border, then the large layout is the best for me.
In this case, with the small version, the user is constrained to have
some spacing which he might not want. Thus the large layout fits more
needs/tastes.

--
Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Bordeaux