[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Typography

Andras Timar timar74 at gmail.com
Thu May 24 02:19:17 PDT 2012

Hi Mirek,

2012/5/24 Mirek M. <mazelm at gmail.com>:
> Not having received any response to my initial e-mail, perhaps because of
> its length, I'll post some simple questions instead:
> Will we be able to ship with some open-source fonts other than Liberation
> fonts? How many?

Currently we ship Gentium, Linux Libertine G / Linux Biolinum G, and
Deja Vu other than Liberation fonts. Linux Libertine G and Linux
Biolinum G are Graphite fonts with a lot of cool typographical
features, see [1]. Unfortunately - AFAIK - Graphite is not supported
on Mac. But even without Graphite extension, these fonts look better
than Times New Roman and Arial.

[1] http://www.numbertext.org/linux/

Best regards,
Andras