[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Fwd: Ubuntu Templates

Alexander Wilms alexander.wilms at zoho.com
Sun May 27 06:13:08 PDT 2012

Hi Bjoern,

I added some more master slides to the wiki page and successfully did
my first commit:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tree/extras/source/templates/layout

It is lyt-metropolis.otp, which uses two fonts that aren't currently
shipped by default. CentreClaws
(http://www.fontspace.com/peter-wiegel/centreclaws) and Parisian
(http://www.fontspace.com/george-williams/parisian). They are both
licensed under SIL OFL.

Should I rather use default fonts or could you/other devs integrate
them?

>I will help out with that. For now we have:
>
>- 5 pages from typography
>- 1 page from hexagons
>- 1 page from lushgreen
>- 1 page from brightblue (which will be a full template set/theme too)
>- 5 pages of the templates from Ubuntu

Thanks. I uploaded some more to the wiki, 'Cuba Libre', 'Metropolis'
and 'DNA', I hope we can integrate them, too.

>So if somebody with a good design eye makes a selection of ~10-12 of the
>current default master pages to keep would make me a happy man(*).

To be honest, I don't think we should keep the old ones. They all look
rather dated and I think it would be better to have maybe fewer but
more refined ones in the 3.6 release.

Regarding fodp vs. otp: Have you made a final decision?

And what about the resources I use to create the background images,
like blender Files or SVGs? Should I store them on the Wiki?

One last question: it appears that /extras/source/shellnew contains the
files that are opened when creating a new file. Would you be OK with it
if I replaced soffice.odt with the Avantgarde template after removing
all the text?

Cheers

Alex