[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Crash recovery dialog

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Nov 12 07:18:48 PST 2012

Hi Kendy,

On Mon, 2012-11-12 at 15:45 +0100, Jan Holesovsky wrote:
> I've just got one more compliant about our crash recovery dialog - no
> big surprise I guess.  But this time with a good idea how to improve the
> experience without having to touch that [== without too much work] ;-)

	:-)

> What about not to show the crash recovery dialog if the document that
> crashed was read-only ?

	Good idea. A better idea would be (IMHO) not to show the recovery
dialog if in fact there is nothing to recover ;-) Sadly IMHO it gives
false-hope to people that their data might be there, when really it's
gone.

> What do you think?

	I guess the use-case we need to handle is that the suite crashes on
document load; and then we re-load those documents when we've
auto-re-started and ... ;-) but certainly - seeing that dialog a lot
less would make me dead happy.

	Hmm,

		Michael.