[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Advice required on auto text resize (Impress)

Jean-Baptiste Faure jbf.faure at sud-ouest.org
Sat Oct 6 10:55:52 PDT 2012

Le 03/10/2012 13:19, Muthu Subramanian K a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> Context:
> Currently the text font size box in the toolbar displays the
> originally set font size even when the font size is reduced because of
> 'Auto fit'
I think this autofit feature is very disturbing if you are not aware of
it. From my point of view it should be removed because if what you are
writing does not fit in the available room, you should write less words
or add room (split the text on another slide), but not write smaller
when what you are writing is intended to be viewed on a projection screen.

At least autofit should not be activated by default.
> One of our users requested the behavior where the text font size is
> changed when the autofit size changes the text size.
I agree.

> Advice:
> It would be really nice if I could get the UX team's advice on this,
> please? And how much value this behavior might provide (if at all) to
> the users?
For users who don't know the autofit feature, it increases the
probability to understand why the text changes its size without having
modified anything. :-)

Best regards.
JBF