[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Any thoughts on fdo#44941?

Daniel Mania daniel.mania at umb.no
Mon Sep 3 01:55:40 PDT 2012

Hei hei!

A double click sounds like an OK idea to me, if the header/footer is
only created after text has been written to the header/footer (similar
to newly created textboxes that disappear when no text was entered and
cursor focus is put somewhere outside the textbox). At least it is
better than the "mouse over popup thing" that got introduced.

By the way, are there any opinions on my last UI request (panel toggle
enhancement)? I don't want to open a bug report for that ... or should I?

Greetings,
Daniel M

PS: Why do so many people (users _and_ developers) bring up Microsoft as
their reasoning for how things should be handled/done? Good things
should be considered independently from their source, but LibreOffice is
_not_ a copy of Microsoft Office! A lot of people around me are working
with MS Office daily and they still ask me how to do stuff. For those
people, LibreOffice is no different than MS office! And power users
should be able to figure out LibreOffice themselves ...