[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Any thoughts on fdo#44941?

Cedric Bosdonnat cbosdonnat at suse.com
Mon Sep 3 08:43:31 PDT 2012

Hi Daniel,

On Mon, 2012-09-03 at 10:55 +0200, Daniel Mania wrote:
> A double click sounds like an OK idea to me, if the header/footer is
> only created after text has been written to the header/footer (similar
> to newly created textboxes that disappear when no text was entered and
> cursor focus is put somewhere outside the textbox). At least it is
> better than the "mouse over popup thing" that got introduced.

BTW the "mouse over popup thing" is dead in master and probably about to
be dead in 3.6 too (see my previous mail on that topic here and on the
qa list).

Creating a temporary header/footer isn't a good thing to do as it
implies relayouting the whole document, and checking all possible
shortcuts to eventually drop it (e.g. we should probably drop it if the
mouse clicks somewhere else or if the cursor is moved to outside the
header/footer)

--
Cedric