[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Killed the ButtonBar in slide sorter

Mirek M. mazelm at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 03:19:57 PDT 2012

Hi Kendy,

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 10:34 AM, Jan Holesovsky <kendy at suse.cz> wrote:

> Hi Astron, UX guys,
>
> I've talked to an Impress power user recently, and he was complaining
> about the buttons in the slide sorter [the thing you can see on the
> attached screenshot].  This was actually not the first complaint I got,
> and also I remembered our discussions that we should do something about
> them, so I decided to just kill them for now:
>

> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=504d3ed897915bff3b3794dc3f069cb4fb528719
>
> Slide duplication was not easily accessible after this, so I added it to
> the right-click menu:
>

> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=980c82bf423bcf89e17b0e45ffc4d946737b8d7b

Could you also show it on the Presentation toolbar?
And perhaps rename the Presentation toolbar to "Slide toolbar", since all
of its commands apply to the current slide, not to the presentation as a
whole.
I would also propose to move it to the bottom left so that it sits directly
under the Slide toolbar, where it can be associated with the current slide
(as per ux-natural-mapping [1]).

> The rest (slide show start, hide slide) are already available easily -
> the former from a toolbar, the latter from right-click menu.  Using that
> feels surprisingly well to me, and visually it is much less disturbing -
> I hope OK for you too?

It's great, thanks.