[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Killed the ButtonBar in slide sorter

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Tue Sep 25 06:35:02 PDT 2012

Hi Mirek,

Mirek M. píše v Út 25. 09. 2012 v 12:19 +0200:

>         Slide duplication was not easily accessible after this, so I
>         added it to
>         the right-click menu:
>
>         http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=980c82bf423bcf89e17b0e45ffc4d946737b8d7b
>
> Could you also show it on the Presentation toolbar?

The "Presentation" toolbar currently has it, but hidden - when you click
on the arrow next to the "Slide" (it should be called "New Slide", I
guess), it is at the bottom of the control that appears.  Do you suggest
to remove it from there, and add a button for that directly on the
toolbar instead?

> And perhaps rename the Presentation toolbar to "Slide toolbar", since
> all of its commands apply to the current slide, not to the
> presentation as a whole.

Makes sense, will do that.

> I would also propose to move it to the bottom left so that it sits
> directly under the Slide toolbar, where it can be associated with the
> current slide (as per ux-natural-mapping [1]).

Possible, of course, just it would shift the "Drawing" toolbar to the
right, and that might hide some items on smaller resolutions.  Could you
please double-check if we really want that?

Thank you,
Kendy