[Libreoffice-ux-advise] [GSoC] Use Widget Layout for the Start Center

Jean-Baptiste Faure jbf.faure at sud-ouest.org
Tue Aug 13 14:10:49 PDT 2013

Hi Krisztian,

Le 24/07/2013 18:16, Krisztian Pinter a écrit :
> Hi all!
>
> I'm working on this GSoC
> project: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Gsoc/Ideas#Use_Widget_Layout_for_the_Start_Center

I just tried the first implementation of the new startcenter in the
master. It is interesting to view the recent documents but there is a
problem in the actual implementation in which it is impossible to see
the entire name of the file. Do you plan to offer different views of the
list, like icons, detailed list and compact list?

In the mockup (here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Whiteboards/Start_Center) the
filenames follow the old ms-dos 8 digit rule; am I wrong if I assume
that, today, nobody still uses that rule in the real life ? ;-)

Best regards.
JBF