[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Use of Navigation Toolbar

pierre-yves.samyn at laposte.net pierre-yves.samyn at laposte.net
Tue Dec 10 02:01:07 PST 2013

Hi

> Message du 10/12/13 09:43
> > But for the Navigation Toolbar: I've never seen any use of it (which
> > does nos say everything, but still..). Maybe it's a remainder from the
> > time that StarOffice had some integrated desktop and such?? Cheers,
> Maybe? If I was to decide, I would remove this. But I know there are
> other opinions, so I don't want to take any action here unless there are
> no voices against this.

I remembered this bar was introduced in version 3.4.1.
I had tested and had recovered two bugs (fdo#38436 & fdo#38433).

The problem was already, at the time, the lack of documentation and
specifications making it difficult to test.

It seems to me that Rainer had raised the issue on lists (dev?): no answer...

AFAIK this bar is not used.

I would remind  that my proposal to remove the navigation buttons of
the vertical scroll bar was to replace this currently unused bar.

Sorry, I missed the survey (no connection during this period).
I'm just a little disappointed because today's questions about this bar
show that my proposal had not been fully studied... It does not matter
since it seems that a majority has been found.

Regards
Pierre-Yves