[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Symphony Clip Art

Samuel Mehrbrodt s.mehrbrodt at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 05:33:30 PST 2013

Hi,

Lotus Symphony has replaced the Gallery Clip Art with some really nice
and modern Images. You can get them as ZIP from here [1].
As Symphony is available under the Apache License [2] , I suggest to
include these Clip Art Icons in LibreOffice.

Here's a comparison:

	LibreOffice Clip Art
	Symphony Clip Art
Images #
	270
	520
Average Size/Image
	2,1kB
	37,5kB
Total Size
	568,8kB
	19,5MB
Format
	gif
	png

As you see, that would increase the size by ~19MB. Some of the Symphony
Images are very large, the size could be reduced a bit by resizing
those. Best would be of course, if we can get the SVG files, but I have
not seen them anywhere.

What do you think about this?

Samuel

[1] http://ubuntuone.com/1RedqJtkM0tGifFR5tkUSN