[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Symphony Clip Art

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Tue Feb 5 05:40:51 PST 2013

On 05/02/13 14:33, Samuel Mehrbrodt wrote:
> Lotus Symphony has replaced the Gallery Clip Art with some really nice
> and modern Images. You can get them as ZIP from here [1].
> As Symphony is available under the Apache License [2] , I suggest to
> include these Clip Art Icons in LibreOffice.

Symphony is NOT available under Apache license.  instead of the standard
ALv2 license header one expects from an ASF project, many of the files
have headers that read:

>     * Licensed Materials - Property of IBM.
>     * (C) Copyright IBM Corporation 2003, 2011.  All Rights Reserved.

therefore i would recommend not looking at Symphony code and/or image at
this time until such a time as the copyright holder clears up this
unhelpful situation.

regards,
 michael