[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Deleting multiple styles at once

Joren joren.libreoffice at telenet.be
Fri Feb 8 04:20:52 PST 2013

Op 08-02-13 13:06, Olivier Hallot schreef:

> Hi Samuel
>
> Em 08-02-2013 09:49, Samuel Mehrbrodt escreveu:
>> Maybe we should show the Message box only if the styles are in use?
> Absolutely. Please do. Styles are a resource very few users master. A
> mistake can reformat the whole document and cause grief.
Sorry for my late answer.
The previous behavior was: you get a message box with text depending on
the fact you're trying to delete an used style or not. If so you get a
message:

You are deleting an applied Style!
Do you really want to delete Style <name>?

If the style isn't used you get the same message but without the first rule:

Do you really want to delete Style <name>?
Options YES NO

We have several possibilities here (please add when I forgot some
important):

1) Delete all styles one by one with message boxes listed above
(depending on used or not another message text)

2) Ask the user with a message box he'll delete all selected styles and
warn that it's possible some styles are used

3) Ask the user with a message box he'll delete all selected styles, and
ask them individually per used style he/she is sure about deleting this
used style (i.e.: one message in the beginning and a message for every
used style)

4) see previous line, but with a checkbox (=delete them all right away)
on the message box when asking to delete an used style.

5) Just delete all selected styles at once, no matter it's used or not,
without any message box (I think this is _not_ preferable)

Any preferences/combinations/suggestions/votes of/for listed options above?

Thanks for this discussion.

Kind regards,
Joren