[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Deleting multiple styles at once

Michel Renon michel.renon at free.fr
Wed Feb 13 01:59:17 PST 2013

Hi,

I hope it's not too late to answer !

Le 08/02/2013 18:06, Jean-Francois Nifenecker a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> [...]
>
> So, as you might have guessed ;) my proposal is to get rid of any
> message box for that matter.

While I agree in the general principle ("if it's undoable, don't ask
confirmation"), there is something different here :
when you undo the deletion of a style, the style is not associated
anymore to the text. So it's a partial undo (just tested in LO 3.5 &
3.6) [1].
In this case, the user must be informed that the text will definitely
loose his style (and can't be undone).

Or if devs can re-associate style to the text, then no need for
confirmation. But it should be much much more complicated !

Michel

[1]
- create text
- add some attributes (font, color)
- create new style "test1" from selected text
- save document
- delete style "test1"
--> the text become standard
- undo
--> the style "test1" is back in the style list
--> the text is still standard