[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Analysis of OOo 3.1 tracking data

Heiko Tietze heiko.tietze at user-prompt.com
Fri Feb 15 05:24:51 PST 2013

I was afraid of such an answer. But your idea to reactivate OO is great. I
found old stuff here
http://archive.services.openoffice.org/pub/openoffice-archive/stable/ and
got v3.1.1/win32 working in a VM with feedback support.
Once activated it creates csv for each start with the following content:

and

At both tests I entered a "Hello World" text and run undo three times. For
the first test, undo was done by mouse click at toolbar buttons and at the
second per keyboard and Ctrl+Z.

Do I really have to conclude that a distinction between keyboard and mouse
is not possible? Aggregated data looks different, and obviously some
calculation were done additionally to simple counting. It would be a pity to
lose all data!