[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Think about the Save Icon and Navigator Icon please

jie luo lililjlj at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 17:10:42 PST 2013

>> However, I feel lost in the current LibO Interface. Messed up functions.
No
>> obvious indicator show up by default - on the first sight.

>I don’t understand what you mean with “no obvious indicator show up by
default”.

Ribbon interface shows: Visible line and SubTitle
Good assistance to the use of hover& tips pop-up.

>> And the save icon used floppy, which only known to aged 16+ or so;
>> navigator icon is a star also I don't get it.

>What do you suggest as a clear and recognizable icon to replace the star?
>That’s not true, and we shouldn’t worry about diskettes being obsolete
these days, even deprecated, they’re still more recognizable than
cabinets in young people.

I would still suggest diskettes and star do not fit.

I don't know the cabinet you talking about; I suggest less detailed icon
which have a notebook  or computer towerbox box or file folder as base, put
up an Arrow which tells more of SAVE functionality.

Is a resolution necessary before questioning? It's like "talk is cheap,
show me the code" style. :( no offend but you may not like it, and I don't
like it.

Yes, I admit, I cannot think of a better icon for navigator, and I just
don't use this feature. It looks like map to me.

Any words I wrote above are caused by dissatisfaction. My communication
skill is poor and badly affected by emotion. --Jiero