[Libreoffice-ux-advise] EasyHack proposals

Rainer Bielefeld LibreOffice at bielefeldundbuss.de
Tue Feb 19 01:48:02 PST 2013

Rainer Bielefeld schrieb:

> But to be honest, it's long ago that I read the HeasHack Wiki page,

Well,

currently there on

<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/EasyHacks#Creating_new_EasyHacks>

I read "New EasyHacks should be created by developers ... Write
"EasyHack" (or "ProposedEasyHack") ... "

I do not think that that is very useful, IMHO to imprecise! My suggestions:

Whiteboard
-------------
We have 2 accepted Whiteboard tags: "EasyHack" and "ProposedEasyHack",
IMHO we should use tem as following:

* "ProposedEasyHack": added by experienced QA users or developers, if
applicable with skills. Will be rejected by a developer if too difficult

  or

* "EasyHack": Replaces ProposedEasyHack, only added by developers who
really can estimate the easiness, and only if a developer is in CC (or
can be added) who can be mentor.

If there are no concerns or different suggestions and nobody else does
I will complete the Wiki text.

Proceeding:
-----------
We need a proceeding how to track success. Currently I count 43
ProposedEasyHack  Bugs without any action within 1/4 years [1]. Best
would be if some willing mentors check these bugs whether really EH.

We need experienced QA staff who actively encourage new developers
(especially who already did an EasyHack fix) to try more fixes. I
already planned to do so, but Developers' feedback es required, for
example whether tat is useful or whether mentoring costs too much time
or whatever.

I suggest to continue discussion with all interested people ONLY on
<libreoffice-qa at lists.freedesktop.org>.

Best regards

Rainer

Hyperlinks
[1]
<https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?f1=days_elapsed&list_id=236007&o1=greaterthan&resolution=---&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&query_format=advanced&status_whiteboard=ProposedEasyHack&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=PLEASETEST&v1=90&product=LibreOffice>